2020 Stamp Project
HELP SECURE A 2020 STAMP!
The General Society of Mayflower Descendants is a partner of Plymouth 400, Inc., and supports its campaign to have the US Postal Service issue one or more stamps commemorating the 400th anniversary of Plymouth Colony, just as it did for Plymouth’s 300th and 350th anniversaries.
Here’s how it works:
- The United States Postal Service issues approximately 150 different commemorative postage stamps each year showcasing around 20 different topics and subjects. Most are suggested by the public.
- The stamp designs are chosen by the Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee (CSAC), which evaluates the public’s suggestions (there are typically around 40,000 letters received each year!) and recommends to the Postmaster General those that would be the best fit for a national stamp.
- Once the Postmaster General decides on a subject, artists get to work on depicting that subject on a stamp, which you’ll soon find in your local post office!
Here’s how YOU can help:
Tell the Citizens’ Stamp Advisory Committee why YOU want Plymouth 400 commemorative stamps!
- Download the sample letter to the committee and add, delete, or modify to include your own ideas for the Plymouth 400 stamps.
- Print your letter, sign, put it in an envelope, stick a stamp on it, and send it to the Committee!
The more letters the Committee receives about a particular stamp subject, the more likely they are to recommend it to the Postmaster General.
Click here for the US Stamp Proposal
Click here for the US Stamp Rules
Click here for the Sample Stamp Letter